First, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who sent encouragement’s to me yesterday. It was really lovely to know that I wasn’t the only one in a funk with every thing and it was just really nice in general. So thank you.
I was so far in a funk that I even stopped taking my multi vitamins and other daily nutritional capsules that I’d been taking religiously since I started this. So instead of setting weight goals, I’m going to set mini goals for the next two weeks, because I think that not focusing on the whole picture for once might help me in getting this back on track.
These mini goals include:
- taking multi vitamins and other capsules (once and twice a day where required)
- stretching or walking for five minutes every hour (when appropriate)
- thinking about the food before I pick it up
- fewer sweet things should make their way into my shopping cart
- drink more water, less alcohol
- use the exercise machine at least three times a week (I’m starting small shut up)
- Track food
Some of these, like the tracking and exercise, are long term mini goals, but I’m trying to change the culture of my life and to do that I’ve realized I can’t just will them to change. Otherwise I’d have willed off the weight ages ago and gotten a raise and found a man and had a baby.
Tragically, life doesn’t work that way. So, I’m re-starting (again) with mini goals and working forward from there.
C’est la vie.