I cannot tell you how pleased I was to wake up and know that it is Friday. Which means that I can introduce healthy fats into my diet.
Mom and I had avocado toast this morning. Have you ever had avocado toast? No? DO IT NOW. I don’t care it’s 2 a.m. You want avocado toast. Its actually one of the easiest things to make.
Here I’ll give you a recipe.
Alissa’s Avocado Toast
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 1 slice toast of your preferred bread type
- Pinch of Salt (I prefer kosher or rock salt)
- Pepper if you choose
- Cut open the avocado, use the half with out the pit, and cut the avocado into slices or just make sure you can spoon it out.
- Put in your bread of choice to the toaster. Let it toast to your preferred darkness.
- Place the avocado on the toast when its done. Make sure to spread it around to cover all four corners of the toast.
- Sprinkle with salt and or pepper if you like.
- Eat it.
You can put on poppy seeds, sesame seeds or any other little pop of flavor you like.
In the mean while, Mom and I were tortured over the last two days. The dogs somehow managed to eat ALL my jerky which was meant to be snacks for Thursday. So that was annoying. Although I did find out that I can get chopped salads at Subway which are very filling and pretty decent so thats something to remember for the future.
Mostly, I’m just happy it’s Friday because today is the day of Guardians of the Galaxy and I’m going to see it tonight with my brother, my bestie and her brother and we will go out to dinner and it will be wonderful.
I am very happy that today is Friday.